YOUTH SUMMER INTERN Job Alert:
Is your youth seeking summer employment opportunities?
Great News Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s “One Summer Chicago” Summer employment program is open and NOW EXCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
It brings together government institutions, community-based organizations and companies to offer over 31,000 employment and internship opportunities to youth and young adults ages 14 to 24.
In order to Apply you have to visit the link below.
FYI: These positions are NOT made available through the aldermanic ward office. This is a program created by the Mayor of Chicago. So in order to apply for the available positions you HAVE TO access the provided link.
Thank you and we wish you all the best of luck.
YOUTH Scholarship ALERT:
FULL PAID Scholarship Contest:
Mayor Rahm Emanuel and The French Pastry School just announced a citywide contest, the first annual Mayor’s Cup Youth Pastry Competition, with a grand prize of a fully paid scholarship!
The competition will empower youth in our community ages 14-19 to show their culinary talents by submitting their best cupcake recipe, which will be judged for originality, creativity and use of the ingredients. But that’s not all; your student needs to submit a note (100 words or less) on “What Inspires You to Bake.” The staff at the FPS wants to know what drives them, why do they have a passion for pastry?
One entry from each ward will be chosen and awarded a certificate as the Ward Pastry Winner.Of those fifty, twelve finalists will emerge, each from a different ward. Those twelve will advance to be mentored and learn industry techniques and tricks of the trade by world-renowned master pastry chef’s at The French Pastry School.
Submissions are due by March 31, 2017. The 12 finalists will be chosen and announced on the FPS website. They will be mentored at the college on April 8th and move onto the finals in May.
For more information and to enter, please visit www.frenchpastryschool.com.“
INTERNSHIP FAIR & SUMMER CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
FOR STUDENTS IN COLLEGE OR PREPARING TO ENTER COLLEGE COME FALL
When: APRIL 29th, 2016 10 am – 2 pm
Location: Foster Park Field House
*Dress Professionally *Bring Plenty of Resumes
*Arrive Early *On the Spot Interviews
Remember First Impressions Are Lasting Impressions!
CLICK HERE for Event Flyer
Do you know a business owner or are YOU yourself in need of a intern then please click here for the EMPLOYER REGISTRATION FORM.
Questions: Contact Domini Gamble at (312) 744-2701 or at (773) 881-9300
After School Matters
To participate in After School Matters programs, teens must be Chicago residents at least 14 years of age and currently enrolled in a Chicago Public Schools high school
(*a limited number of opportunities are available to teens who attend non-CPS schools).
Cook with local celebrity chefs! Dance at the Chicago Theater! Paint a mural on the side of a building! Create animation and design logos! Build robots for national competitions! Grow a community garden and sell your products at a farmer’s market! Develop your sports skills and mentor youth on your way to a potential job as a recreation leader or lifeguard!
TEENS…DISCOVER YOUR POTENTIAL WITH
AFTER SCHOOL MATTERS
Have you completed our Spring program session? Let us know what you thought! Fill out our Post-Program Survey HERE
Thousands of opportunities are available at no cost:
- Develop your skills in the arts, science, sports, technology or communications
- Learn career readiness skills to help prepare you for life after high school
- Work alongside and learn from professional instructors
- Make new friends in your community and throughout Chicago
- Work with professional instructors who are among the best in their fields, and
- Have fun!
In addition, After School Matters teens who participate this Summer will be eligible to earn a monetary award.
*IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT THE APPLICATION PROCESS: We encourage teens to apply for up to three programs to increase your chances of being interviewed and accepted into at least one. If you apply, and the instructor thinks you would be a good fit for their program, they will contact you (by phone or email) to set up an interview. Not all teens who apply will be invited to interview, and not all who interview will be accepted into a program. If you do not receive an invitation to interview with the instructor by the time programs start (in January), then we encourage you to apply for alternate Spring programs or for our next Fall program session once applications are available right here.
‘WHERE?’ AND ‘WHEN?’
After School Matters programs are offered at community organizations, parks, high schools, libraries and Downtown at the Gallery 37 Center for the Arts.
- Click here, and you will be taken to the online application system.
- Select After School Matters and search for the programs that interest you. You can apply to interview for up to three programs but can only participate in one. Search for programs near you using the ‘High School’ and ‘Zip Code’ menus. Find advanced apprenticeship programs downtown at the Gallery 37 Center for the Arts by typing “Downtown” into the Keyword field.
- Programs that offer CPS service learning credits are identified with a star icon right next to the program name.
- You must complete the online application, and then interview or audition in order to be accepted into a program. Not all teens who apply will be interviewed or auditioned, and not all teens who interview or audition will be accepted. While both steps are required, they do not guarantee placement in a program. If you are selected to interview or audition for a program, the instructor will contact you.
- PLEASE NOTE: To participate in programs, teens must be Chicago residents at least 14 years of age. Programs fill up quickly, so apply today!
For Fall Programs—Apply in August-September
For Spring Programs—Apply in November-January
For Summer Programs—Apply in April-June
More great information about Youth opportunities is coming soon!