Now 21st Ward Family it’s that time again!
Our next COMMUNITY TOWN HALL MEETING
will take place on SATURDAY May 27th, 2017.
Remember Woodson Library is under construction so the
MEETING LOCATION HAS CHANGED…
THE NEW TEMPORARY TOWN HALL LOCATION:
“Trinity All Nations Church”
9600 S. Vincennes Ave, Chicago, IL 60643
Time: 9:30am -11:30am
So come and greet the Alderman as he gets back into the swing of things. COME hear what’s new in your ward. LEARN about what’s coming to Chicago, and GET some of those questions answered that you need assistance with. While learning how YOU can also HELP us with building a better 21st ward Community.
Remember our Town hall meetings will be held every 4th Saturday of the month at our new TEMPORARY location “Trinity All Nations Church.“
Thanks so much we look forward to seeing” you all there.
CHICAGO POLICE DEPARTMENT IS HIRING and the Deadline is coming up soon!
Want to make a difference in your community?
Have you always wanted to be in law enforcement?
Well now is your chance.
BE THE CHANGE THAT YOU WANT TO SEE
Make a real difference in your community by becoming a Chicago Police Officer.
SIGN UP AT WWW.CHICAGOPOLICE.ORG
AFTER 18 MONTHS, OFFICERS EARN $72,510 per year PLUS BENEFITS
Applications will ONLY be accepted until January 31, 2017.
After the Application process the test to become a police officer will be held on April 1 or 2, 2017 at McCormick Place.
Steps to Apply:
- Visit http://www.chicagopolice.org
- Fill out a quick application with your contact information online
- Submit the application. We will follow up with you to provide details about when the exam is given and answer any other questions you might have. Specific requirements are outlined in the application.
Can’t access application click on cpdflyer to access.
Veteran Day Feed!
Alderman Howard B. Brookins Jr. and the 21st Ward Staff will be at the
Veteran’s New Beginnings Located at 8140 S. Racine, Chicago, IL 60620
On Friday November 11th, 2016
To serve a Thanksgiving Dinner to those who have proudly served this country!
Woodson Regional Library Renovation Project Has Begun!
As of Thursday, November 8th, 2016 Carter G. Woodson Regional Library has officially closed for the start of the renovation project and does not look to reopen until late August of 2017.
If you need to access the services of the Library you can go to the following:
- Brainerd Park Library: 1350 W. 89th Street, Chicago IL 60620
- Thurgood Marshall Library: 7506 S. Racine Avenue, Chicago IL 60620
- Beverly Branch Library: 1962 W. 95th Street, Chicago IL 60643
- Wrightwood-Ashburn Library: 8530 S. Kedzie Avenue, Chicago IL 60652
- Pullman Library: 11001 S. Indiana Avenue, Chicago IL 60628
- West Pullman Library: 830 W. 119th St., Chicago IL 60643
- Altgeld Library: 13281 S. Corliss Avenue, Chicago IL 60827
This renovation project is brought to you by Alderman Howard B. Brookins Jr. of the 21st Ward, Chicago Public Library (CPL), and the City of Chicago – Department of Fleet & Facility Management (2FM),